Monday, November 08, 2010

Thankfulness Day 8: Quiet Moments


I have to start this post by saying that I am thankful God allows us to change our minds. I have to retract my #7 item - being thankful for daylight savings time. I have decided that states that don't observe it have a much easier time with their newborns. Ethan doesn't get "sleep an hour longer" at all - so all it did was mean we get to be up earlier - - - but you know what - - my new #7 thing I am thankful for is a sweet newborn to wake me up :) I am so thankful God has blessed me with him and at least when I am up at 4:30 a.m. it is because of him and I have his cute smiles to look at! Very, very thankful for Ethan! This leads me to my Day 8 thing I am thankful for: Quiet Moments! I am thankful for times of peaceful relaxing where I can sit here by a crackling fire and enjoy a sleeping baby on my lap! Allie went to bed quiet easily tonight and Ethan is snoozing away. I had time to sit and read God's Word, enjoy some homestyle popcorn (another thing to be thankful for) and just enjoy some quiet time. I am really thankful for quiet moments - good to think, pray and just relax. Once again I am reminded how God gives us exactly what we need when we need it. A quiet moment was much needed - thanks God for continual blessings!

No comments: