So I didn't have a post yesterday - not because I wasn't thankful but because it was a non-stop day. Yesterday I would have written how thankful I am for my Catalyst Group - there is nothing like the body of Christ and being in community together. It was a special time of sharing a Thanksgiving meal together and then spending time sharing our praises and giving glory to God for things he had done in our lives this year. I am very thankful for a group of people who I can "do life with" and know that no matter the need - big or small - they are there!
Today - I have MUCH to be thankful for! There is great rejoicing today for answered prayer in our family. My dad recently had surgery for prostate cancer. We have all spent the last week praying as we waited for the pathology report to come back to let us know whether or not the cancer had spread or not. Praise be to God who hears our cries - the report came back clear and they were able to get it all in the surgery! What a blessing and answer to prayer! We have people all over praying and I am so thankful for everyone who prayed on behalf of our family! Again, the body of Christ is a precious thing! It was so exciting to be able to tell people today that God had answered our prayers - people who had been praying specifically for us. I am thankful for all the people I work with who would ask about my dad and pray each day! I love you all!
Being home for Thanksgiving will be extra special as we have another HUGE blessing to be thankful for! God gets all the glory - it is because of his mercy and grace that we have anything at all!
Psalm 103:1-3
1 Praise the LORD, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
2 Praise the LORD, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
3 who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
4 who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
5 who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
No comments:
Post a Comment