
Tonight I was talking to my Dad on the phone and he said something that I totally agree with: My mom is wonderful! I am very thankful for my mom. She means the world to me and I have learned so much from her. She has been faithful in sharing Christ with me from a very early age and always displayed Christ-like love to me! I love being with her. We have been so blessed since I have moved to California that I have not ever really had to go more than three months on average without seeing her. Over the last few months, God has been extremely gracious in allowing me to see her in April, July, October, soon in November and then again in December! That is a pretty amazing thing!
I have so many reasons to be thankful for my mom. She is such a hard worker. She gives 110% to all she does. She has always done a wonderful job in managing our home, being an excellent wife to my dad, caring for each of her kids and now loving on her grandkids. She also does a great job in her work. The thing about my mom that I love is that she doesn't do things for herself but to the glory of Christ. It is her heartbeat that Christ receive all the glory for something that is done or happens and not her. I love that about her.
I have so many good memories with my mom. I have great memories of being with her at Windermere's music retreats. Those were fun times. I also have special memories of cooking, canning corn, making decorated sugar cookies and more with her. I love the times we get together now and make jam! I love getting to go shopping with her hunting for good deals! I love the memories of decorating the Christmas tree and am so thankful I get to do that with her again this year!!!!!!!!!!
It has been such a blessing to have her come and help after the birth of both of my children. That is the best - nothing like having your mom here! She has helped me more than she will ever know!
I am learning from my mom what it means to be a godly mother and wife. She is a wonderful example of those things to me. I see her love for God's word and study of his word, which must be first in my life. I see her complete love and devotion to my dad and how she unselfishly cares for my brothers and I. I watch her love on my kids and know they LOVE being with her! God has blessed me with a great example to follow and for that - I am so thankful - I love you mom! You are the best! I am so proud you are my mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment