1. Salvation and Christ: Apart from Christ I have nothing. I really look at my life and realize that He is truly my sustainer. I am thankful that He would choose to save a wretch like me - someone deserving of nothing. The fact that Christ died for me and saved me - that is an AWESOME and AMAZING thing!
2. My Husband: He is an answer to prayer. I remember praying a long time for God to bring me a godly man and God blessed me beyond what I could ask or imagine. Jeremy is my best friend! He is a wonderful husband and father. He shows me he loves me and cares for me in so many ways - from praying with me, running to the store at the last minute for something I forgot, taking the time to talk and listen to me, helping around the house, helping with Allie and Ethan and this list could go on and on. I am so blessed to have a best friend like him and I love him with all my heart - he is my GREAT thing!
3. My two sweet kids: Allie and Ethan bring such joy to my life. I love playing dollhouse, doing puzzles, cooking, reading books and much more with Allie. She is such a happy girl who loves life. Snuggling with her and hearing, "Mommy I love you," melts my heart. Ethan is such a happy little guy - his smile can melt me! He was such a blessing and God knew I needed a bright spot like him this year in the midst of much going on in our family. He is my little peanut and I love being with him. I love my little munchkins and am humbled that God would entrust them to us! I treasure each moment with them!
4. Incredible childcare! Since Allie was born I have had to work. God is a provider and has provided for me in amazing ways when it came to child care for my children. When Allie was born, I was blessed to have Miss Pam watch her at school! When that changed and I was fearful God continued to provide by blessing us with my dear friend Christine to each Allie at my house with her friends Lily and Grace - what a blessing! And I still have Christine with Allie and Ethan now. It is a blessing to have my close friend caring for my children while I am at work and taking such good care of them! We are thankful for Miss Pam and Christine! God has been so faithful!
5. My Parents! I love them! They are such an example of Christ-like love to me and I treasure all the moments I get with them! They are a blessing to me and are wonderful grandparents to my kiddos! We love time with them! I might be 2011 miles away but we talk almost daily (almost) and I am thankful for the love they show me! I know they are there for me always!
6. Food! Yes, I love food - love to cook it and eat it and I am thankful for it! I had the chance to enjoy a wonderful meal with friends tonight and was just remind of how much I love to try new things and how thankful I am that God blesses us with so many good things to eat and enjoy! So many good conversations happen around a table. I am thankful for times of sweet fellowship around the table!
7. The time change. As I write this I look at the clock and realize that it is 12:27 a.m. - no wait - it is really 11:27 p.m. Praise the Lord for an extra hour! As a mom of a new little guy and a 3 year old with all the other responsibilities, I really am thankful God gives me this extra hour! Now off to bed to enjoy the extra hour of sleep - but something tells me Ethan won't get this "extra hour thing" - - - - but I am still thankful!
2 comments:
I really needed that extra hour this weekend. PTL!!! Now I just need to go to bed on time tonight.
This is so good, Stephanie. And I love your wedding picture, you guys are adorable!
Post a Comment