Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thankfulness Day 18: My Job

Not many people at my age still can send their grandma a school picture. I do - yes, I get my picture taken every year - have had it taken every year since I was in Kindergarten :) God called me to be a teacher/educator and for that I am very thankful - I love to work with the kids and staff and am very thankful that God has placed me at Rincon Valley Christian School. Before coming to Santa Rosa, I was blessed to teach for 10 years in Missouri - teaching Jr. High Math and English. There are so many rewarding moments in teaching and it is humbling to think that God would choose to use me to impact the lives of so many young students. I am so thankful to be where I am and get to work with Christian people who encourage me, pray for me and are committed to seeing young people come to know Christ. I truly work with a great group of people - gifted teachers who love Christ with all their hearts. It is a joy to be working where I can pray with kids and point them to God's word for truth and direction. I love the parents of the students I work with as well - they are such a blessing and it is so fun to see them each day and get to be a part of their lives. I value the partnership I have with each of them. The students are so fun - I love coming in and finding a picture on my desk that someone made for me, hearing those happy voices greet me in the morning and be in the classrooms and see all their activity!

I am thankful that God continues to provide for my family. Not many people get to work on the same campus as their spouse, have their little girl on campus for Preschool, ride to work with their spouse and only be about 4 - 5 minutes from home. It is a real blessing!

No comments: