Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thankfulness Day 13: A Trip to MO for Thanksgiving


God continues to provide and bless us with exactly what we need when we need it. A few weeks ago, I was quite sad to find out that Jeremy's parents were not going to be able to come back from Africa to see us between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It has become something that I really treasure and look forward to each year. I love being with them and having their help decorating, etc. We are really praying that they will soon get relief on the field so they can come back and see us. I was sad thinking about not being able to be with family on Thanksgiving. Our family has experienced much this year and my heart just wanted to be with family. I told Jeremy one night, "Hey - lets to go to Disneyland for Thanksgiving - it is the happiest place on earth." That was a fleeting thought as we started checking out the prices of what a quick trip south like that would cost. My heart just really wanted to be with family. My dad just had surgery and I wanted to see him. I have not celebrated Thanksgiving with my family for seven years. I kept thinking, "How cool would it be to go back to Missouri and celebrate the holiday with them." I knew that with the cost of tickets that was a pipe dream. But my God is a God who has no limitations! We were blessed with the provision to be able to fly back to Missouri for Thanksgiving! It all happened so quick that for a few days it didn't seem real. I called to tell everyone the great news and I think they were as excited as I was! I am excited to get to help make Thanksgiving dinner, help put together the Christmas puzzle, do some serious Black Friday shopping, help put up my parents Christmas tree while listening to the Statler Brothers, and introduce Ethan to friends and family. God knew I needed to go back and spend some time with my family all together. Not being back for my grandpa's funeral was tough - so getting to be with them at Thanksgiving is huge! We will also get to be with Jeremy's grandma as well which is a HUGE blessing! We have much to be thankful for and I am thankful for God's provision and blessing in this way! In just eleven days we will be landing in Missouri and I think even stopping for some good Kansas City BBQ for lunch! I am quite excited!

No comments: