Saturday, July 15, 2006

Well, just had a moment to post and thought I would let everyone know I arrived safely in Missouri. It was a relatively uneventful flight - not a full flight - which is always nice - more space for a four hour flight. That was a blessing! The bummer was when they announced that the snack packs had not made it on board - so that meant NO food for the entire flight - yikes! I had not eaten since lunch and now would not be getting anything until about 10:00 p.m. Of course the announcement made me even hungrier than I really was.

Humid and hot is the word in Missouri - it is incredible! We all thought last Sunday was hot - not so much. Staying in the car or house is the key. It is great getting to spend some time with my parents, friends and family. Today was a low-key day spent with my mom and friend. Then my family finished the night with a fun card game - Nerts. Tomorrow is race day - I am really excited about getting to watch the race with my dad - we may even have to pick up some Hot Pockets.

I am taking some great pics that I can't wait to share with all of you in CA!!!!! Some Missouri scenery to share with you! I can't post pics on the blog until Jeremy arrives with the cord to hook to the computer - so you can eagerly anticipate those!

Check on Jeremy for me - I miss him and each of you! Off to get some rest - the time difference is throwing me off - it is 11:30, but to me seems only 9:30 p.m. which is fine until I get up tomorrow and it is 7:00 a.m. here but seems like 5:00 a.m. to me. My body will adjust in time to return.

3 comments:

J Crew said...

WE hope you have fun and we will check on the Bullfrog. BTW.. I am no good at Nerts

Peter Brown said...

Nerts makes me overly nervous. It's like the antithisis of chess, all about speed and reflexes. There are few games that can make go "primal" Nerts is one of them. I want to jump on the table beat my chest and start hurling rocks at people.

Even thinking about makes my heart race...

Anonymous said...

I love Nerts! Let's play sometime soon! Glad you are having a great time with your family and friends.
~Kim