Sunday, July 16, 2006

Apple Butter!!!!!!

Today after church, my mom, dad, brother and myself went to my grandparents house and picked apples from their apple trees. Then mom and I came home and made homemade apple butter. I am not sure if any of you have had it, but it is wonderful! Nothing like homemade apple butter on a hot bisquit! I will be bringing some back to share with my friends in CA.

Then it was race time - it was a fun time watching the race with my dad. No hot pockets, but we enjoyed the time together and dad enjoyed having his team beat mine today. He is gaining ground - so my team will need to pick things up.

It is still hot, but I am loving seeing family and friends. I can't wait to post some pics for everyone!

4 comments:

RJ-77 said...

Uh, apple butter is awesome. So make some hot bisquits and Jules and I will be there asap.

J Crew said...

It's sounds like all is well in Missouville.

Sarah Kuhner said...

Hope you are having fun in Misery, uh I mean Missouri. I really miss you and can't wait for you to come back. Bring the applebutter. I am planning on making fresh strawberry jam and sharing it with everyone. I have the jars and some cute ribbon to tie around it-I'm just missing the strawberrys and the motivation to go make it. Have fun and come back safely.

Stephanie said...

Sarah,

Thanks for the comment - I will be bringing back some apple butter for sure! It is definitely Missouri. I do miss people in CA, but I can't call it Misery when I am getting to see family - that is a PURE blessing! Miss you all and can't wait to see you!