Well, while spending the last few days relaxing with friends and family, I have found great enjoyment in doing some shopping with friends, catching the midwest deals! I was hoping to find some good deals here on some work clothes and last night was very exciting. I was at J C Penney and was casually looking through the sale racks. I ended up finding several great things and was doing some quick math in my head to see what I might be spending. My joy came when I saw the receipt. For those who shop at Penney's, you know that at the bottom when you have bought things on sale, it says, "Your savings today is:" Much to my joy, it read, "Your savings for today is: $300.02." And this is completely accurate - I really did save that - how exciting. And I only spent about $50.00. I do realize that I NEVER would have bought those things at those prices, but how GREAT that I was able to at such a low price. It was a blessing to me! Now, I know at this point that most of you who read my blog really aren't excited about this post and may be wondering why you are reading it - my real point and thought was that in every area of my life, God provides. He provided the money to be able to purchase these things and provided me the opportunity to get some good work clothes at prices I could afford. It was a reminder to me that God really does care about every detail of my life and He is my provider!
So, if there is a J C Penney near, you might want to check out the deals. I am off to spend the day with my mom tomorrow - that will be super fun! We will be checking out more deals in the St. Louis area and then picking up my husband who will be joining me in Missouri. I am anxious for him to be here so we can do some visiting with people and vacationing together! Pray for his safe travel tomorrow. Thanks!
5 comments:
I love JC Penneys. They always have sweet deals. You go, girl! I'm glad you are having fun in Missouri and being an auntie. When are you coming back?
Sounds like a cool vacation so far.
I was just looking for a peach blouse for my pants suit. What a bother, and of course I'll need shoes to match. Maybe I'll check out Pennys. Thanks for the tip.
Take pictures, bring back stories!
Nice work SJ. You worked the deals
Hey Steph,
We miss you here- we are enjoying your beautiful home (although it's hot!!:)). We are so thankful for the time we had with you guys and look forward to more times like that!
We are praying for you guys and hope you are getting some rest and enjoying your family and friends out there! The only part that stinks about moving around is that once you settle in no matter where you are you always miss someone- yesterday when the girls took me to get my hair cut they were saying how much the missed you- you have a great bunch of friends- thanks for sharing them with me this last couple of weeks! :)
I think I am liking this blog thing more and more- I might be heading over to the "dark side"!! I will have to see if Brian and I can share one or if I'll need to start my own! :)
Anyway- I better go it's bed time and church will come early tomorrow morning! See you this Saturday!
Esther-
Come to the dark side....We have cookies
Post a Comment