Just an update - Jeremy made it in safe and sound. I am glad to have him here!!! We spent today relaxing and enjoying time with family. Please pray for Jeremy as he is preaching tomorrow at the church I attended while living in Missouri. He is excited about having the opportunity to preach. His request was that God's word would be clearly spoken.
The weather has finally cooled off slightly, but enough that you can venture outdoors. We took my parents and brother to a neat coffee house we found about 15 minutes from here. It is a neat place, free wireless internet and great coffee. I enjoyed a caramel latte (sorry JBau - not nonfat).
In addition to the homemade apple butter (which is awesome), mom and I made some homemade blackberry jam and tomorrow or Monday will be making homemade peach jam. I am loving the fact that I will have goodies to bring home and share!
Jeremy and I want to also thank all the PIC group for the way you have made our family, Brian and Esther, feel so at home while we are away! God's family is amazing! You are all wonderful friends and we are so thankful for all of you!
Hopefully in the next day or two we will have some pics to post. Can't wait to share them with you!
6 comments:
Hey Steph,
I am trying this again- the first message disappeared on me!
We miss you guys out here- but we are enjoying your beautiful home (although it is a little warm- no HOT!!! :)). We are thankful for the time we got with you out here and look forward to more of those times together.
Thanks for sharing your wonderful friends with us the last couple of weeks- they are a great group of friends! The other day when the girls took me out to get my hair cut they were all saying how much they miss you! That't the only bad part about moving- you get attached to people and then when you leave you miss them and so no matter where you are you always miss someone- but it is blessing to have friends!! We enjoyed the PIC group and getting to know your friends better.
We are praying for you both and hope you are having a great time with your family and friends there and that you are getting some rest and relaxation in. Sounds like you are making all sorts of wonderful homemade treats out there!
We are praying for Jeremy as he preaches tomorrow- wish we could be there!
I am starting to like this blog thing more and more- I will have to see if I can share one with Brian or if I will need my own! :)
Anyway, tell Granny and Pa hello for us when you see them tomorrow. We look forward to seeing you Saturday!
Love you guys,
Esther
Well Stephanie, we are really missing you here. The fair is about to start on Tuesday and I can't wait for you guys to get back so we can go check it out with you. This morning I ran into Brian and Esther at church and got to hang out with them in our fellowship group. We had a great time getting to know them better and talking about how hot your house is. No air conditioning and in over 100 degree weather. Yuck!! Anyway, a cooling trend in the 90's is just around the corner. Can't wait to try the yummy treats you are making. Sarah
We miss you guys. Thanks for praying for me for last night. I look forward to seeing you guys after Ecuador.Jeremy, thanks for Pujols and Wright
Stephanie--
Please reject this comment, I just wanted to reach you...
Were trying to invite Esthee and Brian out to the fair tonight, do you have a cell phone for them? Yeah, we need it again
Reject this one too
kludge@anatrophe.com
or just post a comment and I'll get it.
I would love to taste the jam. Don't worry about the latte', Steph. We'll both do some major regrouping re: WW when you return.
Post a Comment