Monday, August 21, 2006

"Have I not commanded you?"

My favorite verse has always been Joshua 1:9, "Have I not commanded you, be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go!" I am having to remind myself of this as I venture this week into the realm of teacher and administrator. God is with me wherever I go - whether that be a physical place or changes in my life. This is a wonderful promise - so often I get caught up in my day to day busyness that I put aside so many promises that God has made to me. Sometimes I think that in my Bible it reads, "Stephanie, haven't I told you this many times before - be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go?" You would think I would eventually get it! It is a lesson that I must be reminded of daily - God will never leave me - He is always there. I am the one that needs to be in the Word, spending time with Him.

I am so thankful for the new position God has given me at school. I will admit that there have been times of being overwhelmed and nervous, but I am reminded - I don't have to fear - God is with me wherever I go! I need to put my complete trust in Him, seek Him with all my heart and remember my strength comes from Him.

I would appreciate your prayers as I dive into the world of teaching and administration for this year. I know God has great plans for RVCS and also great plans to grow and change me to be more like Him. I am humbled He allows me to be a part of what He is doing! God is so good!

3 comments:

J Crew said...

I will definitely pray for you and it is very good reminder to know that if we know Christ, He is for us and he is with us. That should bring great comfort to us. Good post!

jenylu said...

You will be in my prayers as well--I know God will use you greatly as you depend on Him! How's Jeremy's back? We're praying for him.

Call Me June... said...

I'll be praying for you Summer Steph! This so closely echoes the way I felt when God called me to be a pastor's wife, completely humbled and terrified!!! But God is good and He is faithful and He delights in using jars of clay! II Corinthians 12:9 is my mantra...