Friday, August 25, 2006

Back to School - Like it or Not :)


It is hard to believe that this is the last weekend before school starts! This summer has flown by - I honestly can't believe how fast it has gone! It has been a fun filled summer with great times with family, friends, Jr. Highers and much more! I am thankful for each of the summer opportunities God has blessed me with! In so many ways I am excited about school starting and getting back into a normal routine. As previous posts have mentioned, I have been nervous and overwhelmed at times, but I was so thankful for the staff devotions this past week during orientation - reminding me of God's sovereignty and then during my Bible study being reminded that all that God brings into my life, He is using to make me more like Him - polishing me until He can see His own reflection. I was just telling my husband tonight on the way home that this past month of my new job has already stretched me, challenged me and I have learned so much. I know God has much more in store during the next school year.

I can only imagine though what my students might be thinking this weekend - with Monday quickly approaching. I am sure some are excited, some are nervous, some are apprehensive, some just dreading it. I am sure that this cartoon depicts what some might be thinking - - - but whatever they are feeling, I know God has placed them in my classroom for a reason - and my prayer is that over this year, we all (including my students) will grow to be more like Christ. What a humbling and exciting thought to get to be a part of the work God is doing - that He would choose to use a simple person like me. Just remember, whatever your job might be, God has chosen to use you where He has placed you - He has chosen you to be a part of His work. Our theme verse this year at school is Romans 1:16, may we all boldly proclaim Christ and not be ashamed - wherever He has placed us.

This cartoon brought a smile to my face and I thought I would share!

5 comments:

jenylu said...

A Calvin & Hobbes cartoon often says it best. :)
Looking forward to seeing & reading how God uses you this year--I know He has great things in store. Thanks for the thoughts.

jenylu said...

A Calvin & Hobbes cartoon often says it best. :)
Looking forward to seeing & reading how God uses you this year--I know He has great things in store. Thanks for the thoughts.

Jamie said...

I'm glad that you survived the week. :o) I'll be praying for you on Monday that the first week will be great. I start classes on Monday as well and I am really looking forward to getting into the routine again.
God is good!!
I really enjoyed being in Bible study with you this summer!

Peter Brown said...

Ah the start of school. I remember the horror this used to bring to my heart. It's amazing how perspective works, I would love to have to go to school for 6 hours a day and have three months off every summer.

Best of luck in the first week. I should be fun getting the younglings focused on learning again.

Call Me June... said...

I love Calvin & Hobbes... My mother nicknamed Christian 'Calvin' due to an uncanny resemblance he bears! Hey did you notice I now have a link to your blog? hint hint (-: