On the flip side and in a very positive light, our utility bill is significantly lower than summer utility bills in the midwest and the area I was in in the midwest didn't have a plethera of Starbucks around each corner. My Coffee Light Frap. helped the afternoon temps and yes, unlike the midwest, it actually does cool off in the evenings here. So all in all, I can take the heat - just give me my Frap. and I can always find cool places to hang out! Even though the "heat is on," I am loving being in CA! (I just pray that this doesn't become the "norm" - because every since I moved out here, people are continually telling me, "This isn't normal" - I am starting to think they aren't really sure what normal is??????)
Stay cool!
6 comments:
Welcome to the golden state.
No one remember the heat. We always get this for a week or so very year.
It stinks but it doesn't last. Some idoit burned a hole in the ozone right above santa rosa, and no one has fixed it yet!
For some reason Santa Rosen's always forget that we have a few hot spells every year. Every year we say the same thing, "it's never been like this before!" Well yes it has, the good news is it doesn't last all summer long. Mostly we have those perfect summer days in the 80's - warm enough to enjoy swimming and cool enough to enjoy a day at the park if thats what you choose :)
That is good to know. I can remember the first summer I was here and being cold on the 4th of July. So I am hoping this doesn't last - thanks for the encouragement!
I love the heat. Yeah baby. Let's go swimming
Ok - that just means the Writebol's end up at your house more often!!!!!!! So watch out!
We would love it if you were at our house more often. Let's go swimming
Post a Comment