Monday, June 12, 2006

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines

As amazing as it may seem, I have become a NASCAR fan. For quite some time, my dad tried to get me to watch NASCAR races with him (he loves it!) and I always thought - how silly - just watch the end of the race and you know what happened. He always told me how much "strategery" was involved and I thought he was just silly! Well, I have to admit, I watched my first race a few months ago and have become hooked. There is a great amount of strategy involved and if I only watched the end of the race, I would miss all the strategy and excitement that caused the outcome of the race.

My husband, knowing I was also competitive, got myself, my dad, his brother and himself involved in a NASCAR fantasy game. Each week we choose a team of five drivers and earn points depending on how they do in the weeks race. It has become something I really enjoy doing with my dad and husband - sharing an interest that they have, and what is also exciting is I AM WINNING (YEA!!!!!!!) in the fantasy game. I am quite proud of my team and have a strong 300 point lead over my competitors. I think this has come to much surprise of my dad and Jeremy. My choice of Rookie Denny Hamlin proved a wise move as he won the pole and after a blown tire, came back to win the race at Pocono. Being a Rookie at this NASCAR thing myself, it was quite exciting!

So, where can you find Summer Steph on a Sunday afternoon???? Watching a NASCAR race with her husband and making frequent calls during the race to her dad to converse on what is happening. Now, does this mean that I can't do other activities on Sunday afternoons? Not all all - - - that is the beauty of TIVO!!!!!!

Just thought I would share my excitement of being in the lead with my NASCAR team and admit I do enjoy it! Most of all I love sharing this fun with my two favorite men - my husband and my dad!

7 comments:

Peter Brown said...

Remember there is only one reason to play.
To WIN!!

PS - you might want to allow anonymous comments. I think it will be safe, you have word verification AND comment moderation,

like a blogger fortress!

Stephanie said...

kludge I think I figured it out and have changed the settings - I had a little help from my husband - since I am a rookie learning these things :)

J Crew said...

I am so glad that you are kicking tail in Fantasy Nascar. That makes me happier than a tornado in a trailer park.

Jeremy said...

pride comes before a fall... or all your drivers blowing their engines and finishing 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, and 43 collectively... :-)

Peter Brown said...

I thought the comment below was tastless so I refrained, but J Crew has liberated me.

Did you catch Andy's blog a few months ago with the Jim Gaffigan bit?

Do you eat a hot pocket while watching Nascar?

Ando said...

Well, after Kludges comment and the fact that i just blogged about eating a Hot Pocket for dinner, I guess I can't make fun of Nascar fans. I refuse to sell out if I move to Indiana!

Seriously though, that's so cool that you are into a Fantasy Sport.

Heavy G said...

You would fit in real well(or as the say here "real good") out here.