Sunday, June 25, 2006

An Average Day at the Races!

Well, it wasn't a great day at the races, but it wasn't bad either. The race today was at Infineon right here in Sonoma County. My team finished with 611 points, which isn't too bad considering most of my team are not "road racers." I was only 17 points behind the first place finisher in our group. So I am still holding a lead in the fantasy game with my dad and husband. I think next year I might have to check into at least going to watch the qualifying race. It would be fun to get to actually see on of the qualifying races and/or an actual race. Maybe Jeremy and I can get some of our friends to go with us????????

This race was so different from all the other races simply because it was a road race. It was very different to watch - I think I like the other races better, but this was a fun change. At any rate, I am excited to report that I am still maintaining a lead - my dad is making a slight gain, but nothing for me to worry about yet. I have a valuable team and am going to stick with them for now. We will see what happens next Saturday at Daytona.

10 comments:

Ando said...

I actually went to Infineon once, when it was called Sears Point. I was about 12 and it was the most boring experience of my life. My friend and I just kept wondering when someone was going to crash to make it exciting. I'd probably enjoy it a little bit more now, but maybe not. I had no idea what was going on, but the car I wanted to win did!

Stephanie said...

Ando -

Was it a NASCAR race? My dad says they can be boring to watch, but yesterdays race had lots of crashes, etc. I think the pole race could be fun - fun for sure with all our friends.

J Crew said...

You own Jeremy

Ando said...

I'm pretty sure it was a NASCAR race. I actually think it was "The Big One" like this weekends because the next day in the sports page there was a huge color picture of the winning car and it's driver, the very one I picked to win. I don't remember who the driver was, but I remember it was the #5 car.

Peter Brown said...

I would be willing to be broken in a little eaiser, like watching the game on TV. So I could ask stupid questions about the rules without embarassing you and your husband.

Stephanie said...

Ok - so we have a year to break you in slowly - races are usually Saturday night or Sunday afternoon - sounds like a great reason for everyone to get together and share some BBQ ribs and watch a few good races. Then we will all be ready for the pole race next year!

Jeremy said...

Sounds good to me, who's making the ribs? By the way, there are still 14 races in the first segment left. I figure if I win each one of them I can claw my way into first place. One other thing, does anybody know what NASCAR stands for?

Ando said...

National Association of Stock Car Addicted Rednecks.

Peter Brown said...

Not Automobile Stupid C A R

Peter Brown said...

It was funnier in my head