I realize this is one of those posts that probably no one in the world cares about, but it was my entertainment for the day, so here goes! I had the opportunity today to visit with some gentlemen who do market research. It was a great experience and I learned a lot about myself simply by discussing with them the type of deodorant I use. I was amazed. I found out in talking with them that I am somewhat "materialistic" in my purchasing of deodorant - yikes!!!!!!!!! I have to admit, going into this, I was a bit nervous - I thought there was no way I could talk about deodorant for an hour. Time flew and before I knew it, I had talked for an hour about how my deodorant works, why I buy it, what I look for and so much more! I had no idea all the things I was actually considering as I stand in an isle choosing my deodorant. I also was fascinated that the descriptions I gave of what I thought a woman who would use this deodorant would be like exactly matched descriptions given by 3 other women interviewed prior to me. My answers were consistent with them, not even knowing that they used the same product. In all this, I learned I want a deodorant that makes me feeling younger, one I have complete confidence will work and that I want one that is more "feminine" in packaging. A lot goes through my head when standing in Target that I didn't even realize. So whether you realize it or not, you are thinking a lot more than you realize as you stand there and peruse the health and beauty aides isles. And in case you are wondering, I use Soft and Dri. "Helps hide when you're nervous inside!"
Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Amazing what you can learn!
I realize this is one of those posts that probably no one in the world cares about, but it was my entertainment for the day, so here goes! I had the opportunity today to visit with some gentlemen who do market research. It was a great experience and I learned a lot about myself simply by discussing with them the type of deodorant I use. I was amazed. I found out in talking with them that I am somewhat "materialistic" in my purchasing of deodorant - yikes!!!!!!!!! I have to admit, going into this, I was a bit nervous - I thought there was no way I could talk about deodorant for an hour. Time flew and before I knew it, I had talked for an hour about how my deodorant works, why I buy it, what I look for and so much more! I had no idea all the things I was actually considering as I stand in an isle choosing my deodorant. I also was fascinated that the descriptions I gave of what I thought a woman who would use this deodorant would be like exactly matched descriptions given by 3 other women interviewed prior to me. My answers were consistent with them, not even knowing that they used the same product. In all this, I learned I want a deodorant that makes me feeling younger, one I have complete confidence will work and that I want one that is more "feminine" in packaging. A lot goes through my head when standing in Target that I didn't even realize. So whether you realize it or not, you are thinking a lot more than you realize as you stand there and peruse the health and beauty aides isles. And in case you are wondering, I use Soft and Dri. "Helps hide when you're nervous inside!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I can't believe I just read that all the way though...
Sorry to put you through that - I will do better next time - but thanks for at least reading the whole thing!
Oh - but Kludge - the Soft and Dri slogan, "Helps hide when your nervous inside" made me think of your training day - maybe you would want to give it a try???????? (Just giving you a hard time!!!!!!!!!)
I once took a 30 minute survey on what I though good bottled water labels looked like. (you better believe I got paid) I had to admit I would have trouble buy water with a green label. It's odd your brain really IS affected by advertising.
I prefer Old Spice High Endurance. If I don't like it, they will buy me a stick of my own
I had to laugh when I read your blog. After thinking about it I kind of choose it based on whether Chris is ok with the scent. When he tells me it stinks I normally choose another one. (the deodorant smell, not my BO)
Post a Comment