Saturday, October 09, 2010

She's Back!









Believe it or not, I am back to the blogging world! You might be as shocked as I am! When I sat down to look at this blog, I realized that it had been quite some time since I had blogged and a lot has changed in my life! There probably isn't time (or interest) to go back over the last two years of my life, but lets just say God has done a lot!

I am in a new season of my life as I am now a mommy of an adorable 3 year-old (that sounds crazy to say) and a very precious and sweet little guy who is almost 3 months old! Allison turned 3 on October 3 and is a happy, energetic little girl who keeps us on our toes! She started pre-school this year and loves it! She was also excited to become a big sister this summer and a great one she is! Ethan David was born July 18 at 9:25 p.m. He is a sweetheart and his smiles melt my heart! He is a super sleeper which we are thankful for and just a happy guy!!!! Jeremy and I are thankful for them both and excited about all God has in store for our family. We are learning how to be parents of two kids - - wow - that wasn't a jump it was a chasm that I sometimes feel like I am dangling in the middle of! I am just thankful for God's mercies that are new every morning!!!!!!!! God is using them to teach us much and mold us to be more like himself.

You might have noticed the name of this blog has changed. Again, I am in a new season of my life - one where I am really learning to rest in God for his mercies which are new . . . . every morning! One of my new favorite verses is Lamentations 3:22 - 23, "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; GREAT is your faithfulness." Summer Steph just isn't fitting anymore. A new season and new things to learn and grow in!!! Something I look forward to knowing and trusting that God has great plans for me.

I was recently inspired by a dear friend to get back to blogging - after reading her blog I was motivated to get back at it. My prayer is that through blogging I can keep friends and family up-to-date on our lives here in CA, post pictures of two of the cutest kids I know and take some of the thoughts spinning in my head and share them. (Not that I have earth shattering thoughts - but at least getting them out makes room for me - ha ha!)

I am excited to be back!!!! Remember - His mercies are new . . . . EVERY morning! Great is His Faithfulness!

5 comments:

Peter Brown said...

I won't pretend I wasn't surprised when this popped up in my Google Reader.

Welcome back the blogging world!

Julie Danielle said...

So glad you are back to blogging! I love blogging. It is such a cool thing to do :) Your kids are so cute!

Leo and Kim said...

What a pleasant surprise to see a post. Love the pics of your adorable kids. Ethan is sooo precious!

Patricia said...

Cute pictures!! (it appears I was wrong, actually Peter gave me the wrong URL!)

Sarah Kuhner said...

Yeah! Back to blogging. Loved the pictures of the kids. Allie looked so proud as a big sister.