Monday, October 02, 2006

A Caution Filled Day


Well, what I wanted the least in my Nascar Fantasy game has happened. I have a team that has successfully moved me into last place. Yesterday the race was in Kansas and my team really just completely fell apart. All seemed well in the beginning. They had each qualified well - I had all five of my drivers qualify in the top 11. For a majority of the beginning of the race my team was in the top 18 and 3 of them in the top 10. It was quite exciting. Then things took a gradual change - you would have thought my team was trying to either go in reverse or just leave the track entirely. Let's see -

Johnson gave up the race lead to pit for an extra splash of fuel with four laps to go. But he was penalized for speeding on pit road and finished 14th.

Jeff Gordon, saw his championship momentum evaporate a few laps earlier. Gordon was running eighth when his car developed an apparent fuel-pressure problem with 29 laps to go, causing him to slow to a crawl on the backstretch.

Hamlin also spun out with 115 laps to go, and had to make another unscheduled stop with 55 laps left.

Kasey Kane - well he spun out and ran out of fuel. Then there is J. J. Yeley - he was running in the top 10 and then just hit the wall and his day was done.

So was mine - this left me with a miserable 395 points, putting me in last place. It was a day full of caution flags at the race track and most of them came from my team.

Hats off to my dad though - he moved from last place to 2nd place having a HUGE day of over 700 points. Great job Dad - you deserve to "talk some smack" - so feel free :):) Your team was awesome! Oh well - that is the joy of competition and just means I have to do some things with my team. I can't end Segment 2 in last place. I am off to make some great "shakes" in my team - new members next week for sure!

11 comments:

Peter Brown said...

Sounds like you had a rough go of it on Sunday...

...speaking from a position of one who is very competitive, I hate losing. Especially when you've been doing so well. Best of luck on pulling your team back up into the running. Incidentally, when is Nascar season over?

Peter Brown said...

Sounds like you had a rough go of it...

...speaking from a position of one who is very competitive, I hate losing. Especially when you've been doing so well. Best of luck on pulling your team back up into the running. Incidentally, when is Nascar season over?

Peter Brown said...

please delete my exess comments... I forgot you have moderation and word verification on, and was expecting them to pop up.

Stephanie said...

There are seven more races - so seven more weeks until it is finished. I have seven races to make up ground :) and to get the Browns over to watch a race with us :)

Becca Sports said...

I'm sorry to hear about your losing this weekend. :( I HATE it when I lose, I'm very competitive. If you ask Wayne, he'll tell you that there have been games we've played where I haven't talked to him for an hour or so afterward because I lost. :) Of course him rubbing it in never helps!

BTW...I'll do 'coffee' with you when I come to town. I'll actually do something else, but you can drink coffee! :) My Beth Moore study that I'm doing-it is with my women's bible study at church. I go again tomorrow and I can't wait!

J Crew said...

It's no fun being a cellar dweller. I've been there though and with your expertise, I'm sure you will be back up there again in no time.

Call Me June... said...

I so can't relate to the Nascar thing, but definitely with the competitive thing! I once threw a whole deck of cards at Jeff when he beat me. That was 20 years ago and he still teases me about it on occasion! I'd like to tell you I've become a better sport with age, but I haven't! (-:

Call Me June... said...

I so can't relate to the Nascar thing, but definitely with the competitive thing! I once threw a whole deck of cards at Jeff when he beat me. That was 20 years ago and he still teases me about it on occasion! I'd like to tell you I've become a better sport with age, but I haven't! (-:

Peter Brown said...

Just name it and were there... do I need to wear plaid or knock out a few more teeth?

Stephanie said...

I think both would be great!!!!! What would be even better is if you have some overalls and a plaid shirt underneath. Then top it off with a Nascar hat. That would be perfect - ha ha ha!!!!!!!!

jenylu said...

115 laps to go? How many times do they drive around in a circle??? I admire your attention span! :)