Thursday, September 21, 2006

Happy Fall Y'al!


Well, my favorite season is finally here! September 22 marks the Autumnal Equinox. I love autumn! I love those days that are sunny, but there is a certain "brisk" feeling in the air. I love the food and decor! The colors are amazing! Nothing like your favorite coffee beverage on a cool brisk morning!

Fall brings about so many great memories in my mind. My grandpa used to rake all the leaves in the yard into a big pile and then we would spend the afternoon jumping in them! It was so much fun and a memory I will treasure! I also associate fall with "sweatshirt" weather and watching football. Nothing like a cup of hot cocoa and a good football game. So many Friday nights I spent trying to stay warm with my friends in Missouri while cheering on our team in football! I also have great memories of going to the pumpkin patch and choosing pumpkins! I am looking forward to doing that with all our friends in CA! One of my favorite food memories was when a friend of mine and I had a "Hearty Fall Harvest" dinner. Chicken Paprikash, Roasted Vegetables, homemmade bread, butternut squash soup (which I will admit I was hesitant about - but loved) and homemade desserts such as pumpkin pie, apple pie, pumpkin bars, etc. It was so much fun - cooking, decorating and lots of eating good food with great friends. I would love to do that again!

Because I love fall, I wanted to just take this post opportunity to say, "Happy Fall!" I can't wait to see all the beauty of the season in God's creation! The vineyards will be beautiful! There will be lots of fun times with friends! I am going to get out fall decor very soon!!!!! I am so excited! Let the fall fun begin!

15 comments:

J Crew said...

Football is fun and jumping in leaves is legit.

J Crew said...

Football is fun and jumping in leaves is legit.

Becca Sports said...

I love fall also. I think that in the midwest that the falls are even better then in CA. I love smelling fireplaces and people burning leaves, going to farmer's markets with frest apples and apple cider, the trees turning amazing colors, and then downtown Chicago getting decorated for Christmas. It FEELS more like Christmas and Thanksgiving around here then in CA. I can remember Christmas being warm in CA, not so here. We're lucky if we are warm on Thanksgiving! :)

Stephanie said...

Having grown up in the midwest - you are sooooooo right!!!!! I LOVE farmer's markets!!!! What fun! I was teasing my husband and told him no matter how warm it was here that when we went to look at/cut down a tree, we were wearing warm clothes and I was going to throw white confetti around him. You should post some pics for me on your blog Windy City - so I can just see it - that would be nice too :):):)

Peter Brown said...

Only 22 ! marks. I'm sure that you love fall as much as you say...

It's nice to be able to light candles, fires, and drink hot coffee/chocolate without sweatinng profusely. Fall is great for Football, as sport which for me is all about the chips and dip. And rooting for whoever is most hated by my hosts.

Good post, and I second it. Bring on Fall!

Peter Brown said...

I hate when I look at my comments and, even I, have trouble understanding them. I'm not even sure what I was saying...

...You need a little orphan Annie decoder ring or something.

Only 22 ! marks. I'm not sure that you love fall as much as you say...

Fall is great for Football, a sport which for me is all about the chips and dip.

Stephanie said...

Hey there Kludge - actually I knew what you meant and I must admit that I was disappointed that I onlly used 22 ! marks. Should have been more - because I do love fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie said...

Oh and the football with chips and dip - definitely! I have some great recipes that will have to be tried out this fall - one is a buffalo chicken wing dip - quite tasty.

Jamie said...

I remember going over to the Carrillo's house and jumping in the leaves. My family looked forward to that all year.
I totally love fall!! And I miss being at home where I can sit by a fireplace and help decorate the house.

Sarah Kuhner said...

Each fall in Penn. we would burn all of our leaves in the garden. We would sit out there for hours while it grew dark and just enjoy each others company. Once, we were roastig marshmallows and Megan dropped her stick with marshmallow on it into my hair. I wasn't so happy with her but it did come out quickly with some water. I also loved walking the the Christian college nearby and watching soccer (there were no foot ball games there). What I love best is having a fire going with a cup of hot cocoa and sitting there in the firelight with those who are special to you. Thanks for bringing up some wonderful fall memories.

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

Yeah for fall. What a wonderful season. Definitely one of my most missed memories from PA. Yes, as Sarah mentioned above, I too remember the "marshmallow incident." She'll never let me forget it...but hey, memories were made. :) Thanks for a happy post Steph!

jenylu said...

Your post made me hungry. I know, how about you have a gathering for junior high parents and try out some of those recipes! :)

I love fall too, but I'm not sure that I love it more than Spring. When Spring arrives, I always think that's my favorite season too. Isn't God gracious to give us such variety!!

jenylu said...

Your post made me hungry. I know, how about you have a gathering for junior high parents and try out some of those recipes! :)

I love fall too, but I'm not sure that I love it more than Spring. When Spring arrives, I always think that's my favorite season too. Isn't God gracious to give us such variety!!

Call Me June... said...

The leaves are just starting to turn here! It is going to be gorgeous in a week or two! Fall is my favorite too, especially in the midwest--no subzero temps and no humidity!

And don't let Kludge give you a hard time, I too love using exclamation marks liberally!!!!!!!

J Crew said...

Jamie, that was awesome. I will never forget that either. Jumping in the leaves is one of the only redeeming qualities about fall