Saturday, September 16, 2006

I was hoping for something more profound!



All week I was thinking, "Saturday afternoon/evening I should have time to come up with a good post for my blog." I was thinking through the week what things I might blog about and here I sit, on Saturday evening, still wondering what to blog about. I have seen it happen to so many - this crazy thing in blogland where you "hit a wall," wondering what to blog about, what might be of interest to people and end up with nothing. I was seriously hoping to be able to avoid this in blogging. But here it is - wanting to blog and nothing to blog about. Each day I check the Pearls Before Swine daily cartoon online and today's seemed to fit. Looking for something profound and nothing. I am hoping this is short lived and that I will find some new inspiration for posts. Until then, enjoy the cartoon, it did make me laugh and keep checking back, I am sure something will come. Who knows, if I beat my dad and husband in the race tomorrow, I will have something to post!

5 comments:

jenylu said...

You had wall to wall junior high girls sleeping in your house last night and you have NOTHING to blog??? We could TP your house again, would that help? :)

Stephanie said...

I think part of the bloggers block might have been the tiredness from wall to wall girls. It was fun though and there will be a post to come when I get the pictures downloaded. Hmmmmm - I am going to say that I will trust that something will come without the help of TP :):):) Nice thought though Jenylu.

Call Me June... said...

I could loan Christian to you for a week... he's always good for blog fodder! As I look back at some of my blogs, I know they were a result of feeling pressure to post even though I had nothing interesting to say.

Peter Brown said...

Love the comic! (I hate mosquitos!)

Sometimes it's not as important 'what' you blog as 'that' you blog. I find myself saying this whenever I crank out a post that I'm not happy with. Either way it's good to know your alive and that your willing to share your bloggers block with us.

Jamie said...

I tend to find myself thinking of a good blog when I should be doing something I don't really want to do....like the homework that is waiting for me now. :o)