Monday, October 09, 2006

He has made me glad!


I was having trouble sleeping tonight - one of those nights where millions of things roll around in your head. You think about things that you need to do, things that have gone wrong, frustrations, choices, and the list could go on and on. While laying there I suddenly felt completely sad and overwhelmed. After tossing and turning, I decided that there was really only one thing to do - get up and spend some time with the only person who could turn my sadness and being overwhelmed into joy - my precious Savior. So I am writing this after spending some much needed time with Him. I came to the living room and began reading in Acts. I was so encouraged in Acts 2 to be reminded that God is faithful to do what He says He will do. As I continued to read, I was challenged and encouraged by Acts 2:25-28

"I saw the Lord always before me, because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will live in hope, because you will not abandon me ot the grave, no will you let your Holy One see decay, you have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence."

The more I spent time with my Savior tonight, the more I was filled with joy - He is so faithful, He loves me unconditionally, He desires to use me to serve Him, He is my strength and song, He will not abandon me, He is always before me - - - - it is Him - Jesus Christ - He has made me glad! I am so thankful that He reminded me that I just need to turn to Him - more time with Him - that is what I need. So when you just feel like you don't know where you fit, confused about decisions, frustrated or even in times of rejoicing, remember He is always before you and He will fill you with joy in His presence. That was my lesson for tonight! Hope it encourages you too!

Now - off to sleep - - - - God is good!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Thank you for the encouraging words!!

J Crew said...

Ditto!

jenylu said...

Loved the post SJ! God is so gracious to us, isn't He!!!

jenylu said...

Oh SJ,
I wanted to tell you we missed you Monday night AND your pumpkin bars were delicious!!!

Sarah Kuhner said...

God is so good to us isn't He. I love that we can always turn to Him whether we are on top of the world or having a really bad day. Glad that life is looking a little better. Last night was really fun. Hope that cheered you up too. See you soon.

Peter Brown said...

It's always good to remember who is in charge. I find comfort in knowing that the world ins't just a jumble of randomness. I used to be a firm believer that God didn't interact in our daily lives, and was only concerned with with big picture. I was both certain of this and totally wrong.

It's aslo encouraging that when we are walking with God our lives are better. Not easier, per say, but better.

Thank you for the post...I needed to be reminded of that myself today.