

Some people might think I am crazy, but recently I had the Jr. High girls over for an all-night sleepover. I have to say that no, I am not crazy - I just love the Jr. High girls that God has allowed me the opportunity to work with at SRBC! It was a fun night that started with 22 girls showing up at my house ready to head to Sonoma Taco Shop. After a good dinner, we headed out to the Snoopy Ice Arena for some skating fun. Following that we headed back to my house and got settled for a night of movies, food and fun. The girls were great and it was quite a site to have 22 sleeping bags crammed in my living room. It made me even more thankful for the house God has provided for us to live in right now - the apartment would have NEVER worked. The girls watched some good "chick flicks," ate lots of snacks and I "think" might have fallen asleep somewhere in the neighborhood of 3:30 a.m. We were up at about 7:00 a.m. and the girls continued with a movie, donuts, and some juice. All in all, it was a super night and I spent the remainder of the day trying to catch up on some much needed rest! Many said as they were leaving that we needed to do this again VERY soon - Sarah and I smiled and agreed to ourselves that once a year might be nice :):) Seriously though - crazy as we are - we will do it again!!!!!
The pictures posted give you a glimpse into my living room with 22 girls in it - notice you never see Sarah and I - we had to sleep in the entry way and hallway - I still am not sure how our college sponsor got the couch???????
11 comments:
That is amazing SJ!! I do miss working with youth for that reason, the crazy get togethers. I used to have some of the inner city kids over from our church in Chicago. They had never been downtown (and they lived just 2-3 miles away). We made cookies for Christmas. You should have seen their faces when they found out we were making the cookies from scratch and not from a tube! :) Ahh...to work with youth, it is fun but can be very tiring, especially the all-nighters!
Goodness, is that the youngest Keyser girl I see in there? Isn't she like 6 or 7? Oh dear, I'm getting so old!
To answer your question: Both. You are crazy and you love your Jr High girls.
I really enjoyed that night with all the girls. We had lots of fun even if we did have to sleep in the hall. I was kinda bummed about not getting to go skating d/t my being pregnant but I am all ready for next time. Those girls are lots of fun!
Wonderful post. Amazing to the end. I can fully appreciate every word. by the way, only 20 sleeping bags covered your floor. two girls, one which is me left early. luv ur blog!!!
Actually - I was counting Sarah and I - so I was right :)
I'm guessing my first comment didn't come through...or maybe you just didn't approve it! :) how discouraging!
I'm impressed by your ablitiy to have this many people in your house. I think your crazy, and in I'm awe at the same time. You cannot even see your carpet!
The first one didn't come through - I promise:):) Thanks for the comment!
The first one didn't come through - I promise:):) Thanks for the comment!
Wow! You are brave! :) I had 5 of my students over to make cookies last year and it got LOUD in here! I can't even imagine 22!
Once a year? You ARE crazy -- and my girls are so thankful!:-)
Post a Comment