For those who check here (which I think is a small group of you) you may have noticed that it has been a while since my last post. We can suffice to say that the Writebol's seem to have spent the last month and a half with some form of a new illness about every two weeks. And yes, we have a new one that popped up this weekend. My little "E" caught a bug and has spent the weekend sick - I feel like the rest of us are waiting time-bombs! Needless to say I am one tired mom - worn out on most all fronts. The end of the school year is a very busy time for me and it seems there is something going on every night (between school and a husband in ministry). I am embarrassed to say it but I have had my fair share of complaining over the last several weeks. God has been really working on my heart - - - there have been some situations beyond sickness that have challenged me and caused me to have to really focus on where my joy comes from. My joy can't be in things of this world - it can only be from Christ. Therefore - my verse for this week is:
"I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation." Habakkuk 3:18
Today, tomorrow, the next day and the next and so on were all created by Him for his glory and purposes and my good. Therefore - I will rejoice in Him. He is my joy and salvation. (Thanks Esther for posting that verse - I needed to see it and think on it! I love you!)
2 comments:
Oh no! I'm so sorry that you guys have been struck with more sickness. I definitely know that feeling where you just can't believe that you have to deal with it AGAIN. You are always such a model to me for striving to be focused on the Lord during difficult times, though. You (and your little sickies) will be in my prayers!
I love that verse! I will be praying healing for Ethan and for your strength...we are just down the street if you need anything. Seriously!
Post a Comment