Saturday, May 28, 2011

Daddy/Daughter Dates




I love - LOVE the fact that I have a husband who loves to "date" his daughter!!!! I love - LOVE the fact that I have a little girl who LOVES to be with her daddy! When I was younger my dad and I would have special dates. For his birthday he and I would always go out to lunch for pizza at Godfather's Pizza - always! We would also go out to dinner and Christmas shop for my mom's gifts before Christmas - and the best part - we still do this. It is something that I treasure and hold very dear to my heart! My dad showed me at a very early age how a man should treat me. I felt treasured by my dad and knew that he loved me very much - that he would set aside special time for just me. I still feel this way - I get excited each December knowing that I get a night out with just my dad. It is special to just be together, get to talk and catch up, laugh and have lots of fun looking for gifts for my mom.

Tonight I am home with Ethan - which is super fun. Jeremy is out with Allison. He has been taking her on dates. Usually about once a month. I love it - I love seeing her eyes light up when he asks her, "Allison can I take you on a date tonight?" Her first response (after a HUGE smile), "where are we going?" Tonight Jeremy asked her where she would like to go out to eat. Her response, "Taco Bell!!!!" (very enthusiastically!) Not bad that she is such a cheap date - lol!!!!! She also didn't know when she left that he was going to surprise her after Taco Bell and take her to Build-a-Bear. Wish I could see her face when she goes in and realizes what that will mean.

My heart is happy knowing the investment he is making in her little life. She is learning not only that her daddy loves her very much but also how a man should treat her and care for her. She is building precious memories to last a lifetime - just like my dad has done and is still doing for me!

There is nothing like Daddy/Daughter dates! I think my heart is smiling as much as she was earlier this evening when she eagerly needed to "get ready for her date!"

I have posted some pictures - not from tonight but from her date with Jeremy in February for Valentine's day complete with flowers and candy as well as a few pictures from Dad's and Donuts at PreK with Allie. Enjoy - now off to enjoy my little guy!!!! Mommy/Son time is super special too!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I love this post. :)