Sunday, April 17, 2011

New Mercies - New Week

Last week - wow - there aren't enough words to describe how hard it was for the Writebol family. It started Monday - a disappointment we weren't expecting followed by Ethan throwing up, a double ear infection, Jeremy and Allie sick on Wednesday and me just not feeling good from about Thursday night until now. It was a hard week. On Thursday Jeremy said, "we missed watching Survivor last night." My reply, "oh no - I played Survivor last night." That was the night of everyone except me sick - being up the entire night with Allie throwing up every 30 minutes. No sleep, MOUNDS of laundry - it was rough. But one thing I know and am confident of - God's mercies are new every morning. In the midst of a rough week there were definite evidences of grace all around (easier to look back now and see them - in the midst I admit it was tough). God grace in the last week:

  • Extra time with my family
  • A nap here and there
  • A few good chats with my sister-in-law
  • A precious call with my mom (me in tears and her praying) but still good!
  • Sweet time of worship with the people of SOMA
  • Getting to hear my husband preach
  • Picking out garden plants with my little girl
  • Snuggle time with my little "E"
  • Good time in the word with the help of my new commentary
  • Booking tickets to Seattle for Anniversary and Jeremy's Graduation - can't wait!
God's mercies are everywhere - it is good for me to stop and see them! And yes - I am more than excited about a new week - today is palm Sunday - a week to really think on the Passion week - leading to the death and resurrection of my Savior. I am praying that this week more than ever I will be aware each moment of the grace and mercy he so freely bestowed on me. Thank for new mercies!!!!!! Every morning!

Just for fun I have included two pictures that just melt my heart!



No comments: