Needless to say, I was in need of a break and didn't realize how much I needed it until today. Today I woke up and realized, "I don't have to do anything today." My parents came to visit over the 4th of July (another post in and of itself) and so the kids and I decided we were taking a little vacation to Grandma's house. I am not sure who was more excited - me or them! We came home with them yesterday and are here for as Allie puts it, "A whole long week!" Excitement abounds! So I was thinking about the joys and blessings of being at Grandma's house (and there are definitely more than 10) but for a short post today here goes (in no particular order):
- Having lunches with my grandma, you know the ones she just "throws together" but are better than my dinners that I make :) She is the best - today we had Swiss steak, mashed potatoes, broccoli with cheese sauce, corn, macaroni and cheese (because the kids love it) and strawberry shortcake - you know - she just threw it together - nothing much - :)
- Taking walks with my family down the gravel roads for the kids to explore - looking for blackberries, deer, flowers, watching the sunset, seeing the neighbors on the road!
- Getting to just sit and talk with my parents in person.
- Watching my kids love on Grandma and Grandpa and watching Grandma and Grandpa love on them.
- Ethan getting Grandma to rock him at night.
- Not having to worry about what I should be doing "around the house."
- Fun shopping trips with my mom and grandma.
- Getting to spend time with the kids that isn't interrupted by the "have to's" :)
- That feeling you have - the one that says in your heart, "welcome home, relax and know you are loved."
- Knowing that we are now close enough to do this when we want to - - now that is a BIG one!
Fun times at Grandma's house and this list could go on and on - - - Ethan said it best this morning while running around the living room, "I like Grandma's house, I like Grandma's house, I like Grandma's house!"

3 comments:
Glad you are having a great visit!
You deserve a week of having no real responsibilities sometimes. Glad you had a great week!
Everyone deserves a week of no responsibilities sometimes. Glad you had a good week!!!
Post a Comment