 |
| Fun times with Grandpa! |
Today we have the privilege of celebrating my dad's 60th birthday with him! There are so many things to love about my dad and so I wanted to take a moment to share 60 things that I love about him. Believe me, there are definitely more than 60, but 60 is the magic number today.
- He loves Christ above all things.
- His smile and laugh.
- He loves to be with his family.
- He listens to the Statler Brothers at Christmas and drives us around to look at Christmas lights.
- He takes me out each year for our annual Christmas dinner date and shopping for my mom's Christmas present. This has to be one of the highlights of my year!
- He is humble.
- He is a hard worker and gives his all to whatever he is doing.
- He is a fabulous Grandpa who gives great horsey rides, rides on the mower, gives great hugs and thinks that donuts and ice cream are a must!
- He has come to my rescue more than once - the snow storm and scar on his hand is a reminder of that. I know I could call him any time for anything.
- He listens well.
- He cares for his family well.
- He can laugh with us.
- He is a learner - always reading, studying God's word, participating in classes, Bible studies, etc.
- He likes Twizzlers.
- He loves my mom so much - love that his ring tone for her is "My Girl." I love how he shows Christ-like love to her.
- He is smart and knows how to fix things - always willing to help with a project I might have.
- He is wise and gives thoughtful advice.
- He makes awesome deep fried chicken - speaking of which I need to have him make sometime since he hasn't done that in forever!
- When I call him crying, which has happened a time or two (or more), he listens and then is such an encourager always pointing me to Christ.
- He has shown love for his family in the way he cares for his mother - he always goes up and visits, does projects for her, fixes things, etc.
- He can make my daughter and son's faces light up!
- He drove my things all the way to CA when Jeremy and I got married - that was a long haul!
- He doesn't use a debit card - yes I do love this about him.
- He is great at Nerts! He is competitive, so now I know where I get it!
- He gave me a love for Nascar.
- He has taught me what it means to sacrifice and give all you have for your family.
- He enjoys reading.
- He has shown me how to love as Christ by putting the needs of others above my own.
- He gets up early each morning to spend time in the Word and prayer.
- He loves a good BBQ pork steak!
- He looks for the good in others.
- He let me tutor him in Algebra - thankful for that time we had together! See - he is a learner!
- He can still stand on his head! Does it each year on his birthday!
- He is genuine - I know when dad says something it is something he means and believes.
- He has a servants heart!
- He is honest and trustworthy.
- He likes things neat and clean - - he does a great job on windows :)
- He taught me how to fish and camp (don't tell him that I love this but I do!) ;)
- He took me to Bennett Springs growing up.
- He made trips to California to be there after both of my children were born. I know that being away from work isn't easy for him.
- Seeing him at the airport many times picking us up when we would visit. I have to mention here that I am thankful we now can drive up in our car to his house! :) But the funny part - I do miss seeing that smile and getting that hug as I came through security.
- Sitting, talking and laughing with him about most anything.
- Watching him enjoy time with his grandkids!
- Hearing him preach and share the Word of God - what a blessing and answer to prayer.
- While he doesn't love talking on the phone, he talks to me almost every day or every other day on the phone :)
- He has welcomed Jeremy into our family from the moment we were dating!
- He would take me to Godfather's Pizza each year on his birthday.
- He is a strong and healthy man who takes good care of himself.
- He is disciplined - - I greatly admire this in him!
- He prays for us - I know when I ask Dad to pray - he does! And he does even when I have not asked.
- He is just fun to be with - makes me smile and I simply enjoy time with him.
- In spite of not liking circular motion, he is willing to go on the carousel at the mall with his grandkids!
- He doesn't need "things" to make him happy.
- He is a creature of habit - - and I love this about him! (Just glad I have the blue robe now - oh and the blue sweatpants!)
- He likes to have a plan.
- His confidence is in Christ.
- He loves his children. He has shown me what it means to love your children unconditionally, even through some hard spots.
- He loves the church and is actively serving Christ in the local body.
- He chose to take his family to Chuck E. Cheese on his 60th birthday!
- Knowing he is always there for me - showing me Christ in his daily life.
This list could go on and on. I love my dad so much and rejoice and thank God for giving him to me as my Dad! It is a joy and blessing to be his daughter.
Happy Birthday Dad! You bring great joy to our lives! Thanks for loving us and showing us Christ.
 |
| Thankful for that smile! |
 |
| Always willing to help! |
1 comment:
What a great list and a great dad! I love it that he stands on his head every birthday. That is awesome!
Post a Comment