It is amazing how God gives us exactly what we need when we need it. So many times in my life God has used music and lyrics to remind me of great truths and promises that come from Him alone. I wish I was able to write about all God is doing in my life - but first - there isn't time - it is too much to write and it just isn't the time to write about it all. But over the last few months, circumstances have caused me to have doubts and fears have been great. God has used this song over the last week to really drive home to me that the VICTORY is won. I am an heir with Christ. What God completes is completely done. Really thinking on what it means to be an heir with Christ is overwhelming. Last week in the sermon I heard the pastor was pointing out that we don't get to choose to be an heir - - - we are chosen as heirs. We can't walk up to someone and say, "hey - I want to be your heir - make sure I get this and that." An heir is chosen. How crazy is that - God, in all my mess, chose me to be an heir with Christ - - - inconceivable - but TRUE! I have a long way to go - but working on leaving those fears behind. The song is so true - I don't know what lies ahead and I am sure I will fail - but God will keep me to the end. I was also remind of two HUGE truths this week (thanks to my brother for the reminder!): God loves me and God is for me. If that isn't something to cling to, I don't know what is - - -
Completely Done - Sovereign Grace
What reason have I to doubt
Why would I dwell in fear
When all I have known is grace
My future in Christ is clear
My sins have been paid in full
There's no condemnation here
I live in the good of this
My Father has brought me near
I'm leaving my fears behind me now
Chorus
The old is gone, the new has come
What You complete is completely done
We're heirs with Christ, the victory won
What You complete is completely done
I don't know what lies ahead
What if I fail again
You are my confidence
You'll keep me to the end
I'm leaving my fears behind me now
No comments:
Post a Comment