Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Come On Let's Go to Nowhere Land!


Can't believe it - but it is true - my little Allie will be four years old in a month and 3 days! So let the birthday plans begin! Yes, she has chosen a theme for her birthday that isn't easy - why? Well, it is an older cartoon and so finding anything to go with it has created a big challenge for a mom who loves birthday parties and loves to keep everything in theme. So the theme - well folks - we are headed to Nowhere Land with Maggie and the Ferocious Beast. I think that Allie's love for pretend play is the biggest reason she has fallen in love with watching Maggie!



I have to say that as much of a challenge as it is, Allie and I are having a lot of fun getting things ready for the party. So here is where we are so far:

  • Found treat bags on eBay that are actually Maggie and the Ferocious Beast - this was an amazing accomplishment - so when it said, "Buy it Now" we bought it immediately!
  • Safari hats - just like Maggie's hat for everyone to wear - finally found - google is an amazing thing!
  • Magnifying glasses for everyone as we go exploring!
  • Food - not completely planned yet, but we do know it will be a picnic - because Maggie always goes on a picnic complete with white and red checked table cloths! And the drink table - a lemonade stand - just like Maggie!
  • Games - well "Pin the Spot on Beast" of course, "Return Hamilton to His Box" (getting the stuffed pig Hamilton into a cardboard box by throwing him - Hamilton lives in a box on the show), and the "Side-step Race" - the red crab does this with everyone on the show and his name is Side-Step.
  • A few crafts - making Maggie and Beast dolls and coloring the map of Nowhere Land (SO excited to find this!)
  • Cake - still working on that one - have a few cake people I am talking to :)
  • Outdoor viewing of a few Maggie and the Ferocious Beast episodes - this is Allie's BIG request - when we do movies with the college students in our yard on the "Big Screen," Allie is sad when she can't stay out - so she has requested that we watch Maggie on the "Big Screen" outside for her birthday.
So there ya have it - our current plans for a fun trip to Nowhere Land!!!!!!! The best part of the party though - my mom (Allie's grandma) will be here! Allie gets Grandma and I get help :) Yea for Grandma's!


4 comments:

Jamie said...

It is going to be so cute! I already have some ideas for a banner. :) So you can check that off the list. It sounds like the planning is going well! Way to go!

Wendy said...

That is going to be so fun! You'll have to take lots of pictures so we can see. :)

Sarah Kuhner said...

That sounds like a lot of fun and a lot of work too. I've never heard of this show but it sure sounds like Allie loves it.

Stephanie said...

It actually isn't as much work as you might think - it has been relatively easy thus far - she is excited!!!!! What can I say - I love fun themes :)