It is fair time! I have had fun entering things in the fair and the BEST part - free tickets!!!! So far I have entered a decoupage foam diamond (decoupaged with old fair photos), decorated cookies and a photo of Allie. I am happy to report that my diamond got a first place ribbon and my photo got a 3rd place ribbon. Exciting times when I didn't anticipate winning anything!
Today I entered my "Mix Trix" cake. I made a Chocolate Marbled Pistachio Cake. I was to use a cake mix and make a creative cake. I was pleased with how it turned out - my biggest fear was that it was a bundt cake and as I was taking it out of the pan I was praying the whole time that it would not stick. It came out perfectly and my family seemed to think it was yummy! It was fun to make and fun to just enter something - no matter the outcome. Here is the recipe to share and some pictures - now off to get ready so we can go to the fair today. Excited to enjoy some fair food for lunch, let the kids see the animals and check out the exhibits!
Chocolate Marbled Pistachio Cake
1 pkg. white cake mix
1 pkg. Jello Pistachio flavor Instant pudding/pie filling (4 serving size)
4 eggs, slightly beaten
½ cup vegetable oil
¼ cup orange juice
¾ cup chocolate flavored syrup
powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 10 inch tube pan; set aside
2. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, oil, ½ cup water and juice in large bowl. Beat at medium speed for 5 minutes. Pour 2/3 of the batter into prepared pan. Stir chocolate syrup into remaining batter. Pour chocolate batter slowly over pistachio batter. Do not stir or marble the batters—this will happen during baking.
3. Bake 50 – 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan, cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar.
Enjoy!

1 comment:
Ooh, that looks delicious...thanks for posting the recipe! So fun catching up on your blog. Hope all is going well with your new school year!
Post a Comment