Saturday, June 04, 2011

My Great Thing


Six years ago today, I was up early excited about all the day had in store - - - - I was getting married!!!!!!!! Thinking about that day makes me smile so much! I had spent quite a few years praying that God would bring a godly man into my life and it seemed that it was never going to happen. The summer of 2003, God did a big work in my heart. He really worked that summer on my being content with Him alone and trusting him in being single. I could have honestly told you in August that summer that I was fine being single - ready to face life and be happy if that was what God had for me. Then the most amazing thing happened in September. A very handsome, kind and godly man showed up in central Missouri and I fell head-over-heels for him! The story about meeting Jeremy will have to be another post - but we can suffice to say, God brought me my "great thing." There is a song Jeremy and love and played at our wedding that says, "Praise to Him who gives us all good things." Psalm 103 was the verse on our napkin at our wedding:

Praise the LORD, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the LORD, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

God not only satisfied my desire to be married - he abundantly blessed my life with exactly what he knew I needed. Jeremy is a blessing beyond what I could ask or imagine. He is my very best friend! Above all he loves Christ and that translates into an amazing love for myself and our children. For those who know me, you know I can at times worry or be fearful. Jeremy is my calm voice of reason. He lovingly points me to Christ and demonstrates through his life a complete trust in Christ and no reason to fear. I love him for many many reasons! He is kind, caring compassionate, fun, helpful, handsome, intelligent, outgoing, hardworking, student of God's word, gentle, trustworthy, a good listener, an amazing daddy, fun to laugh with, loves to travel, is an amazing grill man, is a foodie and this list could keep going! God knew exactly what I needed and I am thankful that in His perfect timing God brought Jeremy into my life! Did I love the long wait - - not so much - but the blessings were WELL worth the wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Six years ago today I got to marry my very best friend! Jeremy I love you with all my heart and I rejoice that God chose to bless me with you!!!!!! It was a wonderful wedding day. I pray our marriage will continue to grow and reflect Christ in all we do. I am excited about all God has in store for us! Jeremiah Lee Writebol is definitely my great thing! I love you babe!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Anniversary! Have a wonderful time away!

Wendy said...

I love this post! I hope your anniversary was wonderful and you two are enjoying a romantic getaway!
And now you HAVE to write a post on how you met and fell in love...
:)