


Each trip back to Missouri is a good time with friends and family. During my last two trips back (July and December), with the help of my mom, I have become quite the "Betty Crocker" and learned to do some canning. When I went back in July, she taught me how to do homemade apple butter and also peach jam. Both turned out really good and I was excited to know how to make these two delicious treats. The apple butter was grandma's recipe so it meant a lot to learn to make it. This past December, we took on a new challenge, making the Cranberry Banana jam that my aunt typically makes, but wasn't able to do this year. While this may not sound like the best jam, it is absolutely wonderful - on top of hot biscuits it is a GREAT treat. We were so excited that it turned out well! We had a fun time making it and spending time together. I love learning those things from mom and knowing that I can do it. I am looking forward to making more and think I have made the decision to have the jam be my first entry in the Sonoma County Fair this summer. I have not decided if it will be the apple butter, peach jam or cranberry banana - but one of those will be the entry that gets me my free ticket :)
Great memories, great times and great jam! Thanks mom!
4 comments:
Isn't it so fun making jam and making memories. I remember all the times we canned when I was a girl and all the yummy things we made. So much fun.
Fun. Time well spend with your mom, AND the welcome by product of good food!
...not to blow the lid off any upcoming announcement, but I was expecting a new link...
Jam is good on almost everything
Hey I'll be wating to hear the results after the fair! Since we're not headed to Ecuador this summer, I think the Rowlands ladies will be joining you in entering a few little items -- no jams though -- not talented enough for that!
Post a Comment