Saturday, January 27, 2007

How Many of "You" are There?

I was recently sent this link and it was a fun thing to do - see how many "Stephanie Love's" and "Stephanie Writebol's" there were in the U. S. According to the information I got, there are 599,937 "Stephanie's" in the U. S. and only one "Stephanie Writebol." Now, as for the number of "Stephanie Love's" (my maiden name), there are 210 of us in the U. S. Check it out and see how many of you there are in the U. S. The link is "How Many of Me". It would be fun to have you post your information here - so we can all see "how many of you" there are in the U. S. Happy Saturday!

13 comments:

Jeremy said...

No surprise here... nobody but me named Jeremy Writebol... although there were 364,462 "Jeremy's" in the US. My maiden name didn't bring out too many other searches either.

Jamie said...

Well there are 18 people named Jamie Humphreys. And Jamie is the 182nd most popular first name! woo hoo!

Ando said...

12 Andy Bauers and 137 Andrew Bauers. And 3 Jackson Bauers.

jenylu said...

Okay, I'm not as special as Jeremy & Stephanie because there are 10 with my current name. But I'm way more special than I was with my maiden name because there are 3,229 of us! Funny thing -- turns out both my first name and my maiden name are both the 21st most popular in their respective categories!

Sarah Kuhner said...

Only one person with my name in the US. Around 670,000 with my first name and a lot less with my last name. That was a fun website. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Ok, there were ZERO people in the US with the last name Gorauskas. I know it is a strange name, but we live here! How have we all been falling off the radar so easily? OR...how accurate is this database? :) That was fun, though.

Stephanie said...

Kim - Obviously there are some - because we know you :) If you saw there was a link on the thing that said, what if my name doesn't appear and explained why it might not show up - - -

J Crew said...

There are 34,496 people in the U.S. with the first name Josh.
Statistically the 975th most popular first name. (tied with 28 other first names)
More than 99.9 percent of people with the first name Josh are male.
Names similar to Josh:
Joshua
There are 50,995 people in the U.S. with the last name Carrillo.
Statistically the 675th most popular last name. (tied with 41 other last names)



Josh Carrillo
There are 6 people in the U.S. named Josh Carrillo.

Anonymous said...

Your parents checked it out -- there are 72 Edwin Loves and 214 Debra Loves -- interesting that my maiden name (Debra Durk) turned up only one!!!! Since my now married cousin previously had the same name there was potentially three of us at one time that we know of!

Peter Brown said...

There are 3,558 people in the U.S. named Peter Brown... I can only image how many more there are in the UK!

There are 1,862,805 people in the U.S. with the last name Brown.
Statistically the 4th most popular last name.

Anonymous said...

I just couldn't resist getting in on this one. So, I looked it up and my first name, Jessica, is 61st overall at 734,923. My maiden last name, Williams, is 3rd at 2,096,780 and my married last name, Tell is, oh I didn't even bother looking at the ranking because I know it's rare, but the estimate is 1,440, with 4 Jessica Tells in the US. I'm sure I'm not one of the counted ones, since I haven't officially changed my name yet. Cool site.

Boston Love said...

This was fun! There 3,949 people named Kathleen Brown. I thought the number would higher actually.

Anonymous said...

Well Stephanie,
I'm sure you know this well. There is certainly only 1 Jeremy Writebol.

go Cubs...next year