Monday, January 15, 2007

Finally Caught Up!


With a day off work (for MLK Day), a couple of weeks of being back from Missouri, and back in our normal routine (if that is possible - who knows what normal is???) I finally felt like I was caught up with things and could sit down to write a blog - not that I have incredible things to say, but wanted to update my few readers on how we were doing.

Our visit back to Missouri was really a great time! We were able to celebrate the holidays with our families and spend some time with friends. We were able to spend Christmas day with my parents and extended family as well as Jeremy's grandparents and brother and sister-in-law. We were blessed to find out we were going to be Aunt Steph and Uncle Jeremy again - with Brian and Esther expecting in June. That was a fun Christmas surprise! I have to admit that probably one of my greatest joys over the holidays was spending time with my nephew Ramsey, who is now 6 months old and he is adorable - of course I am a little partial, but it was such fun playing with him and seeing him smile! He is a great little guy!!!!! It was fun being Aunt Steph!

Another highlight of being in Missouri was going to look at Christmas lights with my family and eating at our traditional place, "Porky's!" For all you pork lovers - it is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! As you can tell from the picture, JCrew and others will be proud to see we are getting Ramsey hooked on the "pork" products at a young age :) This is a time I always look forward to - traditions and making memories with the family - what a joy!!!!!!!!

We are glad to be back and getting into a normal routine - it is hard to believe that it is already (as we are calling it with the Jr. High kids) 007!!!! I am eager to see all God has planned for this year. We are excited and blessed to have Jeremy's brother and sister-in-law here with us and are so thankful for the time God is giving us with them. We are looking forward to visits from family and friends! Mission trips, field trips, camps, the birth of our new nephew/niece, celebrating our 2nd anniversary and much more await us in 007 - - - - God is so good and no matter what comes, we must remember that He is always with us and we must seek him first. As we were talking with the Jr. High kids - we are truly on a mission for Christ and may 007 be one exciting mission for Him!!!!!!

5 comments:

jenylu said...

Cute picture. :) And congratulations on the coming addition to the family. And welcome back to sunny but cold California--we missed you. :)

Here's to a great 007!

Sarah Kuhner said...

Yeah! A new blog. Thanks for a great post. I just loved the picture of Ramsey. He is just so cute.

J Crew said...

It should be an exciting year and I want Porky's now!!!

Peter Brown said...

great picture, your nephew is adorable, but it's the napkin that REALLY makes me smile...

Peter Brown said...

or menu...or whatever it is that has that great cannibal pig on it!