Thursday, December 14, 2006

Oh Christmas Tree


Well, I am finally taking time to post - yea! Maybe it is the fact that I know tomorrow is only a "half-day" of school and then BREAK - I think I am already feeling like I have "free-time."

My parents were recently here for Thanksgiving - what a GREAT blessing over the holiday! I am so thankful for the opportunity God gave us to spend together! We had a great time and enjoyed many fun activities. I can now say that I know how to make a full Thanksgiving dinner. I did the turkey and with mom's help - everything else that goes with dinner. I was especially proud of my Jeff Davis pie - turned out like Grandmas - yea! It was so much fun to learn from mom how to do all the Thanksgiving dinner things! We had a great meal and enjoyed company with friends later!

It was also fun to go with the fellowship group and cut down a tree - it was great fun going out, finding the right one, cutting it down and then coming home to decorate! I am so thankful to have had mom here to help make the house look great! She did a fabulous job! The tree looks great! We will look forward to cutting down a tree next year too! Fun times!

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving and we have been on the go non-stop this December. We are looking forward to some time with Jeremy's family and my family in the coming weeks. God is so good!

3 comments:

J Crew said...

It is always good to be with family during the holidays.

Peter Brown said...

Your house is a testament to the Christmas queen, and home to more snowmen than I've ever seen assembled under one roof!

Congrats on your Thanksgiving dinner success. I'm not sure what a Jeff Davis pie is, but I'll take a wild guess it wasn't named after your grandmother.

Enjoy your freedom, and your upcoming trip!

Anonymous said...

I would like to know more about the Jeff Davis pie -- do tell! :)

The tree looks great and how fun to have your mom there to enjoy it with you.

Hope the Jr. High party went well -- we'll have to read about it on a future post.