Thursday, February 10, 2011

Things that melt my heart!




There really is nothing like being a mommy! Jeremy has been blessed with the opportunity to go to Seattle for school this year and is gone once a month for approximately 3 - 4 days each time he goes. That blessing is a story all in itself - God's provision clearly displayed for us! When Jeremy is gone, I miss him very much and he does so much to help with the kids that it is hard to have him gone - but there is nothing like being a mommy. As much as I miss Jeremy when he is gone - I do have to say I treasure the time I have with my little ones. From their smiles to the sweet things they say, they really do melt my heart. So just to name a few things that make me melt:

1. Having your 3 year old daughter tell you, "Mommy this is the best dinner I have had in my whole life."
2. Laying in the grass with your daughter singing songs and having her climb all over you telling you how much she loves you.
3. Watching your daughter hug and love on her brother and say, "Mommy, I am the goodest big sister ever!"
4. Hearing your daughter say, "Mommy I really miss daddy - he will be home soon - don't worry."
5. When you are sad, having your daughter say, "Don't be sad mommy, it will be all right." (Followed by a big hug!)
6. Seeing your little 6 month old light up when you enter the room (Ethan's smiles are killer - melt me instantly!)
7. Singing "God Made Me" at the top of your lungs with your daughter while riding home.
8. Playing a great game of Hi-Ho-Cherry-O and getting beat by a three year old who is quite proud of herself.
9. Hearing "Mommy" at work coming from a sweet voice on the playground - what a blessing!
10. Snuggling with your 6 month old.

These are just a few things that make me say, there is nothing like being a mommy - - - my kids have not just stolen my heart, they melt it quite easily. So thankful for them!

2 comments:

Jen Bauer said...

There is nothing better than being mom... I whole heartedly agree!!

Sarah Kuhner said...

Like. Like. Like.