Saturday, June 02, 2012

Measures of Grace

As I sit here in my new home, my mind is full of so many things I could write about.  My life has been a whirlwind since February when my husband accepted a new job in Kansas.  It will take some time for me to sort things out in my mind but one thing that has been so pronounced in my life lately is how God is continually showing me what I am calling, "measures of God's grace" in my life.  We, as sinners, are so incredibly undeserving of anything in this life but God continually pours out measures of His grace to his people.  I have told some of my friends I am going to write a book and call it "Measures of Grace."  Could be a pipe dream but who knows, stranger things have happened.  I stand continually amazed at God's grace so freely bestowed to me.

I have been thinking much on a song, "Through the Precious Blood" by Sovereign Grace.  The lyrics are:

You have ordained every breath we take
In pleasure or pain, there is no mistake
Gladness and grief, both are in Your hand
And sufferings brief carry out Your plan
And our fleeting sorrows
Will yield an endless prize
When some bright tomorrow
We’ll see You with our eyes, and

Grace upon grace flows down, flows down
Grace upon grace flows down, flows down
Through the precious blood of Christ

Father of lights, Giver of all grace
Your mercies crown our lives all our days
River of Life, quench our thirsty souls
For no true delight does Your love withhold
And in every season
We are satisfied
For just one reason
Christ was crucified, and

All good gifts, every good thing
Comes to us freely, so freely
All good gifts, every good thing
Comes to us freely, so freely
Through the precious blood
Through the precious blood



Really any grace we receive only comes through what Christ did for us on Calvary.  He is the giver of all grace.  How amazing it is that we see measures of it every day!  


So I think my next post will be some of the measures of God's grace I have seen over the last month.  I am thankful God has helped me to see the whirlwind as really just His grace poured out.  

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I love that song!
God is good! It has been good to see the ways God has worked in your family's life over the last several months.

-- nice new background :)

Jamie said...

God is good! It has been great to see how God has worked things out so well for your family over the last several months. His plan is perfect!

--I love the new background!

Wendy said...

Amen! Love this. And I will be first in line to buy your book. :)

Sarah Kuhner said...

Great blog post. God is so good and is working mightily in your life. It would be awesome if you wrote all the things God is doing in your life on your blog and then be able to make a book of them. Can't wait to see what else God is doing.